Here you can find all the applications you'll need. All forms need to be submitted by June 2, 2013 in order to be considered.
- You can ALMOST complete the entire application online by clicking here ("almost" because we will still need the physicians form filled out by the physician)
- You can download the complete application here. Print it, complete it and send/fax it back to us
- Click here for a separate physician form
- Please also fill out and send us the Camp Joy Risk and Release Waiver. To download click here
Due to outstanding response, we have received our maximum amount of volunteers. Please check back next year.
Background Check Information
Camp Sunrise volunteers will be required to have a criminal background check through the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation & Identification or the Federal Bureau of Investigation (for out of state volunteers) on an annual basis.
You can go online to find a list of locations that are able to complete an Ohio BCI & I Background check. Background check costs are to be paid by the volunteer and must be completed in time for the results to be sent to Camp Sunrise no later than Sunday, June 2. Please make sure your results have arrived at this time, we have to prove we received them prior to camp. Note that therefore bringing your results to camp is not an option anymore.
- Go to a local police station or anywhere on this list:
- Bring a check
- BCI check shows only in Ohio. BCI + FBI shows all USA. If you have lived in Ohio all your life, you just need to get a BCI, have you moved to another state at any time in your life, you need to get both.
- Get printed electronically so that they forward it to the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation in P.O. Box 365, London, OH 43140
- Make sure you add that it’s about working with children
- Have it send to Camp Sunrise, 1556 Granville St. Columbus, Ohio 43203
- We will send you a fingerprint card.
- You will need to get your fingerprints taken at a local police station.
- Print out this form, fill the form out and
- Send this form + your fingerprint card (with fingerprints) + a $24 check (from you to the of Criminal Identification and Investigation) to the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation in P.O. Box 365, London, OH 43140
- Have them send the results to: Camp Sunrise, 1556 Granville Street, Columbus, Ohio 43203 by indicating that on the form or a separate paper.
- The results should be in no later than Sunday, June 2, 2013. It takes the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation around 3 weeks to “run” the check and get it back to us, so make sure you send your stuff to them no later than June 2, 2013
All volunteers must get a TB test. You have a few options to get a TB test done. Check your local health centers for information. Also, Walgreens has their Take Care Clinic and Kroger has their Little Clinic. Without insurance you pay around $30 for your test. Sometimes your insurance pays for it. You can look up locations for both clinics on their websites. You don’t have to make an appointment.
We will need your negative test result by June 2, 2013.